I've kind of fallen into a bit of a pit lately, sparked by a bunch of random reasons. My work/life balance has been absolute chaos, for one. The kind of chaos where I wake up, make coffee, immediately get to work, stop sometime around the 12-13 hour mark, and then spend the rest of the evening just looking at my phone. I've tried to do some things for just me, which was nice, but now I don't really want to do anything at all.
Despite constantly working my commission queue has been empty since December. It was going really strong, and then orders just dried up on me, and I'm not really sure what to do. I didn't do well enough for Twitch to pay out last month, or this month. YouTube's been so broken I don't even rely on it anymore. I've just been scraping by with Patreon and pattern sales. I've been working on putting more patterns up, and making things more presentable lately, but even that only gets so much traction.
I'm tempted, once I manage to get this last commission done (if it ever happens) to try to just focus on patterns again. I've been thinking about setting up a second Patreon just for my writing, but I also kind of want that to be a hobby I don't monetise. I don't have enough of those. But I've been working on some fun original stuff again, and I've missed that dearly. But it's got to a point where I feel guilty for doing hobby stuff, because hobbies don't pay the bills.
I think what's best for me right now is to just go offline entirely for about a week. I probably won't go full Do Not Disturb on Discord, but servers will be muted and I won't be checking most of them. I won't be checking Instagram much, and probably not Twitter either.
I can't even focus enough to finish writing this post. So I'm just gonna leave it here I guess.
Despite constantly working my commission queue has been empty since December. It was going really strong, and then orders just dried up on me, and I'm not really sure what to do. I didn't do well enough for Twitch to pay out last month, or this month. YouTube's been so broken I don't even rely on it anymore. I've just been scraping by with Patreon and pattern sales. I've been working on putting more patterns up, and making things more presentable lately, but even that only gets so much traction.
I'm tempted, once I manage to get this last commission done (if it ever happens) to try to just focus on patterns again. I've been thinking about setting up a second Patreon just for my writing, but I also kind of want that to be a hobby I don't monetise. I don't have enough of those. But I've been working on some fun original stuff again, and I've missed that dearly. But it's got to a point where I feel guilty for doing hobby stuff, because hobbies don't pay the bills.
I think what's best for me right now is to just go offline entirely for about a week. I probably won't go full Do Not Disturb on Discord, but servers will be muted and I won't be checking most of them. I won't be checking Instagram much, and probably not Twitter either.
I can't even focus enough to finish writing this post. So I'm just gonna leave it here I guess.
no subject
Date: 2020-03-02 02:08 am (UTC)